Volunteers are an essential element to the success of Tree Hill. They come in all sizes and shapes, and in all ages. Some of our volunteers come on a regular basis and others are occasional helpers. Some have particular duties they like to do, while others perform whatever tasks may be necessary at the time. Please consider supporting Tree Hill by donating the most valuable asset of all, your time.
- Administrative Help - data entry, mailing, filing, archiving, answering phones, helping at the main desk
- Animal Help - assist with care of exhibit animals - feeding, cleaning, inspections. Please note: For the health and safety of our animals, we require volunteers to possess advanced qualifications before they can work with the animals.
- Event Help - The annual Butterfly Festival requires dozens of volunteers. If you are looking for a one-day volunteer opportunity, this is the ideal position.
- Manual Labor - clear trails, maintain grounds, work in the gardens
- Bring us your Skills! If you have a skill you believe will benefit Tree Hill, let us know. We are happy to work with passionate volunteers!
We invite you to share your time and talent with us. Become a V.I.P. at Tree Hill where Volunteers are Important People.
To Become A Volunteer
- Submit the Volunteer Application.
- Call Greta Combs at Tree Hill Nature Center (904) 724-4646 ext 204 to schedule an interview.
To Become An Intern
We currently have two internship positions open for application. Any arrangements for class credit must be worked out with your school. If you need to meet certain criteria, we can work with you to make a position that would fit your particular needs.
Trail and Garden Internship
Marketing and Media Internship
Please submit all relevant paperwork to Greta Combs at firstname.lastname@example.org.